Monday, February 13, 2012

For Today... Feb 12


Good Morning... It's almost 11 am so it's a bit late for me to write.  It looks like it's going to start snowing at any minute, now. I'll be right back, I need to take the dogs out..
...
 
..
 

.....
 
 
 
ok I'm back. I took them to the area in the back where they can run a little bit, dragging their leads behind them. It was a bit of a walk to get there today, for me. First I had to convience them we are not going over by the lake. Then I had to figure out how to get me down a rather steep but short hill without falling while the dogs tend to want to pull. I finally got them to stay behind me, with Rocky closest to me, for me to put a hand on for balance. (Good Dog) The across two Rv parking area's and down a not as steep drive area.. while the dogs still wanted to run free, but I wasn't ready yet. Finally, we got to the open field and I let Macon and Barney run. Rocky doesn't seem to want to run as much any more. He did run on Saturday, when Jerry got home while I was walking the dogs by the lake and, once I saw that Jerry was out of the van, Let go of all three  leads. They were extatic to go running to Jerry.
 
 There is a cut open kitty litter jug by our door, I usually keep the pooper scooper in it, but right now it's 2/3rd full of ice. It's been frozen since Saturday afternoon. Satureday started off warm enough, but it slowly got colder as the day got longer.
 
In the middle of the night, last night our propane tank ran out of gas. Jerry had to get up and change it out for the full we have on stand by. Now we will have to take the empy one and get it filled soon. 
I just finished up cleaning the bathroom. The cats have chewed the leaf off my Elephant Ear, again. (Argh!) I can still hope that it will survive long enough to be put outside when Spring gets here.  Next area to clean is the bedroom. I'll have to make both beds, pick up and sweep the floor towards the kitchen.I'm thinking I better fond some cat greens to grow for those cats in the back window. Maybe then they will leave that other plant alone (doubt it) I've cut four, 2 liter, cola bottles and taped them together in a tower to put over what's left of the plant.
The cats are in big trouble, besides trying to kill my plant that is.. I took the dogs out early and they tried to get into an old loaf of bread. I thought I had them broke of that. Ugh. I'm trying to not lose it with them right now. I understand they want fresh air and sunshine and I can't give them either.
I need to clean out the freezer. I removed the ice cube trays and most of the cubes were teeny tiny bit's of ice left.  I made a list of what I have in there, and there's still going to be enough left for another week of not buying meats from the store, I think. tonight will be some ham Jerry picked out last week on the 5 for $19.95.  I love that special.  I look for the larger priced packages when we are shopping the special so I know I'm saving money, even if it's only a few pennies over a smaller package. And it's not just meat that's in the special. there are vegetable packages and cheese in the special. Even some potatoes that are coated that I can bake in the roasting oven. Which I'm going to add to the meal along with a salad tonight.
I'm wearing black sweat pants and a medium purple sweat shirt today. it's rare that I'm wearing a sweat shirt and not just using it more like a jacket for going outside.
I have been reading "Amanda, A Daughter of the Mennonites". I've enjoyed it so far althought it's very easy to see what's going to "happen next" in the story line. It's very much like a Harliquin romace book. Girl meets boy. another boy falls for girl, the boy the girl wants falls for some other girl.  Trouble brews. They discover they like each other's company, ect, ect...
 
I am hoping that our trip to visit Heather next week turns out well. We are taking gifts to Bailie, but we also have something for her Mom. A phone she's not going to have to pay the bill on. It's on our plan just like the phone our other daughter has.  That way, she can call us, or make any other phone calls she needs to make and not worry about minutes. 
 
I am still working on the knitting loom and making a cowl on it. I can't wait to finish it up and work on a smaller loom to make a baby hat to send to Beth and Baby Heather. I'm wondering if I should make long tubes to act like gloves to go with it, on the next smaller one, as well.
 
The laundry is in the back of the van. I need to bring it in so I can take it one tub at a time over to the washroom and do it this week. We have enough clothes that if I don't get it done, we will still be good for the week in clothes.
 

Billie C.

http://thelifeofbilliec.blogspot.com/


"Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate
And though I oft have passed them by, A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run West of the Moon, East of the Sun."
- J.R.R. Tolkien
















No comments: