Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feb 14, 2012

Good Morning. Happy Valentines Day to you. 
 I don't have any thing to give Jerry this year.. I feel bad about that. I do have a couple of cards I'm working on but not sure if I'll have them completed by the time he gets home tonight. 
 
 He's asked that I make something out of Hamburger. We are going to have Chili in some pasta (most likely shells) Salad and I'm going to make a dessert. Most likely I'll spread some peanut butter on Ritz crackers, the coat in some white Chocolate. I was thinking of takeing a 1/2 cup of peanut butter and adding in about 1/4 cup of Chocolate syrup to it, in a mini food processor, spread that on the crackers, then dipping them in white chocolate, then drizzle some red tinted coating on top of that.
 
Outside my door ... (7am) It's still just a bit pre-dawn here.  The clouds are low and darkish. We had snow, then rain yesterday. it looks like more rain today.  But rain means warmer, so I'll take the rain. I was out in the snow a bit yesterday, talking to Mike. He was impressed that the dogs go into a kennel when someone knockes on the door. I told him to to help keep who is on the outside of the door from being mobbed by them. He laughed. He's had a taste of their "love" before. They just want attention, but vie for it and crowd for it. and that's what gets them into so much trouble.
The Cats are still in the kennel, or rather returned to it for the second time this morning already.  The hallway races were getting out of hand and then a pouncing on my knee was the end of that. If they would just not keep getting the same place on the same knee and if that knee wouldn't hurt so much from it, that wouldn't be a problem But then, the durn things want to get into my drawers under the bed and empty them onto the floor. I even let them out earlier so they could go use the cat box.. then about 45 minutes later they were in the kennel and 30 minutes after that I was having to wash out that kennel from where one or two "pottied" in it.(stinky mess) While I was washing out that one, I decided I'd better wash out Barney's kennel as well.. and while my back was turned he peed on the floor in the kitchen. I just had him out a bit before !! So, he's in the "dog house" and will be staying in the kennel a while. He's our little "Energizer" puppy. I admit it.. I'm doing what I don't like seeing others do.. letting him run outside without a lead on. But it's while it's dark. When all the people are "Inside", and he's good about coming back to me when I call him. It's his time to "run", and run he does. 
If/when more people move in, I have to not let him run so much.  Momma D and Mike know I let him run and are ok with it.
 they've seen me drop Macon's lead to run, as well. They will sit on their porch, resting from working hard all day, and just laugh at the dogs. I let Macon "run" in the afternoon, while everyone is at work. I have developed a good "larger than life" hand sign for him to come back to me... and he does so with Gusto!. Barney is learning ths sign as well. But if any one is out, I don't let them run and they know it.
From the kitchen... Hamburger in chili over pasta Shells, Oven baked fries, Salad, cake
 
I am hearing... (8 am) The morning news is on. Every now or then I hear a motor running. where it's from here in the R.V. park or out on the road, I'm not sure.
 
I am wearing.right now. a MooMoo. but will change into sweat pants and a sweater here in a bit, to take the dogs out. 
 
I am reading... I just finished up "Amanda, A daughter of the Mennonites".
 
I am thinking. I need to get up and start cleaning the camper for the day, so I can make Jerry cards this afternoon.
I got a letter from my cousin Joan in the mail yesterday. I wrote her right back before I could forget. I recieved two cards in the mail. One from Nancy and one from Pam.  I got a card from Jackie that was in the mailbox since last November. It's been there since I lost that key last year. I'm still looking for that key when I walk the dogs up on that hill and while I clean house in here, as well. Found out it will cost over $150 to replace the lock on that one box.. Mike said they are not going to do that, at least not right now. (I did offer to pay for the lock replacement when I told them about losing that key)
A few plans for the rest of the week... Well. I need to do laundry. Jerry said he's in his last sweat shirt so I'll have to do some washing tonight. it's easy enough to start a load, come back to the camper for 1/2 an hour, then go back and put into the dryer, come back to the camper again, then go get it out of the dryer, fold and bring home and put away. We just have been lax about getting it done every each weekend.
 

Billie C.

http://thelifeofbilliec.blogspot.com/


"Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate
And though I oft have passed them by, A day will come at last when I
Shall take the hidden paths that run West of the Moon, East of the Sun."
- J.R.R. Tolkien
















1 comment:

jana said...

hi billie,hope the cake your having is a sugarfree one. did you find them at walmart and the frosting to? the name brand is pillbury. they also make a brownie mix. jana