Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Howdy....

Howdy.... and good afternoon. I hope you are doing well and are having a good day.  It's nice and peaceful here. The Wi-fi is still being worked on, Now it seems that the problem is with the provider's side of things. I'm sitting in my living room writing this and will send it off here in a bit when I go down to the office to get the bulk of my emails downloaded to my computer and to send off a few things.  It's a nice day to spend some of it outside, that's for sure.
I know the dogs enjoyed a merry chase of each other this morning. Even with being limited to how long the leads are (20 foot each) they can still get some speed up. And they each know just how far they can run and not snap at the end of the line. Well, Barney likes that snap sometimes, I think, either that or he's just plumb forgetful. The cats all know just how long these leads are and if they don't want Barney to be sniffing all about them, will sit just out of reach, teasing him to just try.
From the kitchen... Instead of a roast I'm going to use 5 to 6 hamburger patties and cook in the slow cooker. When it's almost time for Jerry to get home. I'll cook up some Hash Brown Potatoes to put the gravy over and we will start our meal with a salad. Not sure if we will have a dessert or not yet. After dinner last night, Jerry went searching for something "sweet" but I'm not sure that the handful of Nilla Wafers was enough.
 

 3 Envelope Roast
 
Ingredients:
3 pound beef roast such as chuck roast
1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
2 cups water
 
Instructions :
Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using. Now add and mix all three envelopes to the water. Mix until blended completely.
Brown the roast (if desired). Add the meat to your cooker. Pour the water, salad dressing mixture over the roast. In the slow cooker cook it on high for about 4 hours on low about 8 hours.
 
I am wearing...  Dark Red Sweat pants and a white T-shirt. By the end of this afternoon, I may feel like I should be in shorts but I doubt I'll change out by then.  
I read "Kate's Song" in one go the other night. Once I got started I didn't want to stop and it was almost 3 am before I went to bed. I sure needed that nap Sunday afternoon but when I woke up, I saw that Jerry was taking a nap, as well.  I am starting " What A Young Woman Ought To Know. It was written in the late 1890's.
One of my favorite things...  taking my camera with me while I ride around the campground, taking pictures of the changes in the trees.
A few plans for today... I need to finish cleaning the camper, go to the office and download my emails, and start dinner.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...  I need to go through all my Cricut carts and see which ones look like they have Halloween type stuff on them.
 

Billie C.
Smile, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.






No comments: