Thursday, October 31, 2013

Snowman Project plus some fall projects

I saw a really cute Snowman on Face book made with a battery operated tea light. No instructions with it. While straightening up I found one of those lights and thought. Hum, why not?
I had painted my fingernails the day before with Orange over white and still had the polish out. I used a thin coat of it to "paint" the light part orange so it would look more like a carrot. I then got out my black polish and Dabbed on two larger dots with just a bit of a line off to the side to make eyes with a toothpick, then using the same toothpick but less polish, dabbed on 5 or 6 smaller dots to make a face. I had to go to Wal-mart for the red ribbon because I could not find any here at the camper. I still need to make a hat but at least right now, I'm happy with how it turned out.
 
 
 
 
While I had the black polish out, I decided to make "faces" on my thumbnails.
 
 
I saw this idea on Pintrest if I remember. Only it called for real leaves. I found a couple of packs of leaves at the local Dollar store and picked them up,, this took less than one pack. I thought it would be too flimsy but it will hold a small amount of candy. Just use Modge Podge to glue leaves on a plastic wrapped bowl, allow to dry and then peal away the wrap.

I had out the spray paint and I painted a Nut can I had pealed the label off of pink.  Pink was just the one I had in my hand but I could have used any other color. using the left over leaves from the bowl, I used my Xyron to put glue on the back of them and then placed them around the can. It was a whim to see how it would look. Of course, I had to put a couple (3 really) On the lid.

Billie C.


Thanksgiving countdown banner

Christmas countdown banner

No comments: