Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Catching up

 

Hello.
I've been distracted from the computer for a couple of weeks.  I am loving my Cricut and I'm lucky in that Jerry is ok with me buying a cartridge or two each week, from Hobby Lobby. Of course it's not just that cartridge that I go in for. I need paper to cut with it, as well. 

We heard from Jerry's twin sister last week, after she had surgery in her throat.  It was not a good report, She has  *non-Hodgkin lymphoma. She goes back tomorrow to hear what can be done about it. We are on Pins and needles until we "know" what to expect. We have been trying to get in touch with Kathy to get her to call her sister. So far no luck on that. Mary wants to hear from her. 


Two days ago, I put out  hummingbird feeder. I did notice some activity around it yesterday.  Last night I found out that the man who does the close work (with a weedeater) is going to try to get around our camper tonight. So I moved everything out that I can move. And I noticed a couple of hummingbirds around it this morning. So once I finished up moving things, I put one chair back under the canopy and sat for about 30 minutes. I saw three Red throated, and 4 or 5 others that I don't know the names of. A pair of Grey's and a couple of brownish ones. A Pair was fussing at each other. They sounded just like a couple having their first fight.  Of course, the cats are nosy and want to see what I'm looking at, so I came back inside.

 


 

Sunday was a rainy day.  One of our neighbors wanted to have a cook-out to celebrate Mother's day, Her birthday and their Anniversery. But because of the weather had to put it off a day. So, on Monday Chris was smoking 15 pounds of ribs and 30 pounds of Chicken. I fixed Jerry Hot Dog cause I knew he would be to tired to go visiting. After he ate, I went over and was just in time to hear those gathered, sing her "Happy Birthday". I got one rib and one leg quarter to bring back home.  I tried to eat on the rib and they are not very tender. I put them in my crockpot along with another piece of chicken I have in the fridge in my crockpot to finish cooking and sure hope that it turned out much more tender. I did add some KC BBQ Sauce to it, as well.


As I said Sunday was a rainy day. I did hear from both my girls over the weekend, but not from my son. That is usual. He just forgets that Mom would like to hear from him from time to time.  We ate Breakfast in Clarksville at Golden Corral. Boy was it busy this time. We went to Wal-mart and picked up a few things.  Drove around a little bit. Did our grocery shopping at The Hilltop, then home to put it all away. The rest of the day, until Dinnertime was just sitting around at the camper. Jerry did get a nap. He was also on the computer a bit, looking up his family to see if he could find out what their Uncle Sam died of. We know it was cancer but not what kind. He died back in 1963 or 64.  Far as they can remember, He's the only family member who died of a cancer.

 

 


*    http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/non-hodgkin
Definition of non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Any of a large group of cancers of lymphocytes (white blood cells). Non-Hodgkin lymphomas can occur at any age and are often marked by lymph nodes that are larger than normal, fever, and weight loss. There are many different types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. These types can be divided into aggressive (fast-growing) and indolent (slow-growing) types, and they can be formed from either B-cells or T-cells. B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas include Burkitt lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia/small lymphocytic lymphoma (CLL/SLL), diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, follicular lymphoma, immunoblastic large cell lymphoma, precursor B-lymphoblastic lymphoma, and mantle cell lymphoma. T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas include mycosis fungoides, anaplastic large cell lymphoma, and precursor T-lymphoblastic lymphoma. Lymphomas that occur after bone marrow or stem cell transplantation are usually B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Prognosis and treatment depend on the stage and type of disease. Also called NHL.

Billie C.

No comments: