Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend

Silly Question,, Does England have a 4th of July? why of course they do, it comes after the 3rd of July, every year.. But do they celebrate Independence day? that would be the question to ask... Independence from what? Rule? I don't know.. someone else will have to answer that question.

Dubuque Iowa's fireworks show is tonight. I'll have to go through the paper and see if I can find a good place for us to view it from. We will not have fireworks this year. Most all motels frown on that, for good reason. IF we go out, Rocky will have to stay home, in his kennel. He's a good dog, but I don't know how he will react to the noise.

The last couple of days, I've been quiet on the computer. Just not felt much like posting a lot. I did read some in the book I picked up, did some stitches on a Rose block I started. and have ideas on doing another one. Cut out two Fichues, and have one almost completly hemed so I can start some white on white needlework on it.

WE got rain last night, Just as Jerry was getting out of work. He called me, to let me know he was on his way and wanted to stay in and not eat out.. and then the theft alarm went off. He said it was raining and I told him he would have to use the lock on the passenger side to shut off the alarm, for some reason the one on the driver's side doesn't do as well on shutting it off. Jerry has not been so happy with the purchase of the Jeep, but I think, given time to figure out all it's quirks we will do ok with it. At least until we have enough to trade it in on a larger truck, that is. Yes, Larger. His tool box alone takes up about 1/3 of the bed of a truck, plus add in our suitcases and tubs of stuff and we have a full truck. We need at least a 3/4 ton or larger to pull the camper with, once we pay for it. I don't know if the Jeep has enough motor and suspention to carry the camper, or not. Jerry hasn't checked that part out, yet. AT least the Jeep gets us from point A to point B without having to wait an hour before starting it back up, again.

No comments: