Wednesday, October 6, 2010

For Today... October 6, 2010, Asparagus Pasta Salad

For Today... October 6, 2010
Well, Durn it... it's getting to the point that I am not liking my birthday. Last year, two days after my birthday, Jerry got laid off. This year it is one day after. Yep, he's laid off again. He made a phone call to the temp service he's hired thorugh and the man can't do anything until tomorrow since he's out of the office today. What's up with that.. There will only be 2 days on next weeks check.. we can not survive on that. Grrr. Jerry can't even apply for unemployment until he gets the paperwork in. And that will take at least three days to get sent here. We are ok for now. Cutting back even more than we already were. example. Yesterday we debated wether or not to add a can of Chili to our dinner of burritos, salad and cake (left over from my birthday. We decided to save it to fix over Mac and Cheese for another meal, later.Outside my door ... (8am) The sun is not over the top of the hill just yet. Once it is, the camper will warm up nicely. Today's high is going to be around the mid 70's today. With Jerry off work, I don't know just what we will do, today. Maybe take the dogs over to the golf course and walk them a bit. that would be nice. We could even finally have our picnic I've been promised all this past summer.
 
The dogs ... Are driving Jerry nuts this morning. they want him to take them out and stay outside. One of the cats is out there, teasing the dogs that it's free and they are on lines. We had two new campers come in and the cat is over there looking for handouts already.
Ut oh. Rocky is in big trouble. Both dogs shot off after a cat, got loose, Macon came right back but Rodky didn't want to come back. Now he's "grounded" in his kennel for a while.
 
From the kitchen... Hot Dogs, Mac and Cheese, Salad
I am hearing... Got the Early Show on. Jerry just started up his computer so I'm hearing it boot u and we have a heater on to break the chill. We are both in layers this morning.
I am wearing... (8am) My blue long housedress, and my maroon housecoat over it. I'll be chaning clothes here in a bit. (10 am) got my shower and now wearing brown sweat pants and light blue Eagels Nest tshirt.
 
I am reading... emails, my Bible and some recipes.I am thinking... We havn't gotten much ahead this past year. We are still doing ok though. We own the camper. Have only a few bills and we still wake up breathing each morning. That's doing good, in my books.I am thankful for... I am hoping... Jerry gets back to work very soon.I am creating... A good Attitude.One of my favorite things... Sleeping in, when the dogs will let me. We were up by 6:30 cause the dogs needed out.
***********
Around the house...
Up at 6:30, walked the dogs
Jerry cooked breakfast
read emails, answered a few
Meds and breakfast.
Challenge for the day ... Get the bag of clothes from under Jerrys bed.
type out recipe, share in recipe groups
shower
dressed
brush hair
pick up dirty clothes
put shower mat over side of the tub
hang wet towels and washrags to dry
spray and scrub sink, tub and john
straighten up clean folded towels
made Jerry's bed
Made my bed
dishes
fill water bottles

********************************



Asparagus Pasta Salad
"From Our Home to Yours"
Ozark First Church of the Nazarene
2004
1 small Shallot, finely chopped
1/3 cup Olive Oil
1 lb Asparagus, thin spears
1/2 lb Bow Tie Pasta, cooked to Al Dente and cooled
1/2 c Frozen green Peas
1 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
3 Tablespoons White wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
heat shallot and oil in small pan over medium hear for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool back to room Temperature. Hold One spear of asparagus at each end and snap it. The spear breaks wher the tender tops meet the tough bottoms. Line the brokne spear up with the reso fo the bundle of cleaned asparagus and cut, using the broken spear as a guideline. Par boil the Asparagus tops in ine inch of simmering water, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes. Cool under cold running water and drain. Cut cooled Asparagus into 1 inch pieces on an angel and add to a large bowl. Add to the bowl the red peppers,cooked pasta, peas and parsley. The peas will defrost as you toss the salad. Pour vnegar into a small bowl and wisk in the cooked shallot oil. Pour over salad and toss. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste, then Toss again.

No comments: