Friday, September 20, 2013

Pictures of my Drive around the lake

First off, Here is the back of the cart. See the leaves along the top? I need more but it's a good start, don't you think?
 
As I was standing by the cart I took this one. As you can see, the trees are still very green, but there is some color starting to show along the edges.
 
I like this bell.  I have never heard it be rung but I'm sure it works.
 
A closer peek at the bell
 
 
 
Just a few steps into my walk. It's a gentle uphill slope but still enough to make me stop and take a few pictures as I go around once.
 
 
We thought about coming up to this spot but there isn't a good place to let the dogs potty and if it's raining or icy would be very hard to get around. We love the deck though.
 
If you look close you can see that all the leaves have some yellow along the edges.
 
I stopped along the fence to take a picture of the playground. You can almost see the play fort through the trees
 
 
I've made the corner and can now see the office, clubhouse, laundry, shower and store.. all in one building.
 
 
 
 
My first stop while driving the cart is a small turn around area close to the lake but you can't see the water because of the underbrush. But I just couldn't resist taking a picture of the leaves.
 
 
Already the grass is starting to go dormant. You can see that it's gone to seed here and is drying up.
 
If you didn't notice in the picture above, there is a bit of yellow. Here is a closer picture of the flowers I found tucked away in that little turn around area.
 
 
 
Some of the leaves are not turning yet, but they are starting to look tired. I'm wondering if these will turn color or just fall off the tree.
 
You can just see the red leaves through the green of this tree, A beginning of Fall and the changing of the seasons.
 
 
I spotted this contrast and just had to take a picture of it. I never know if it will still be there next time I take the cart around the lake.
 
 
There's a lot of moss and lichen around here. The bank this is on is at the bvase of a tree and I just loved how it looked.
 
 
more to come...

Billie C.
Smile, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.

No comments: