Thursday, September 19, 2013

Howdy September 19

 
Howdy.... And Good Day. Not sure when I'll send this off but it will be something today.
 Yesterday was a very nice cool day. Today is going to be a bit warmer. I will have to remember to take my camera out with me today. There is color coming into the trees now but not yet that bold all over color just yet. Yesterday morning, We had a family of deer close to the camper. One must have made a sound because the dogs saw them and started barking at the noise then saw the white tails running away and the dogs were going from window to window trying to see where did they go. I do hope they come back again soon.
Yesterday afternoon, I took Barney for a ride on the cart to the other end of the lake. He got in the water 4 times. He loved running in and out of the water and following the edge of the water then jumping in again. Part of it, he could smell where the Geese had been and I'm sure he could smell other animals that had come down to get a drink from the lake. Then he would go roll in the grass on the other side of the road from the lake then want to get back into the water. It was fun watching him then he had to dry off a bit before I would let him back on the cart. He loves to swim but I think he got a bit chilled on the way back to the camper. He kept trying to hid behind me. I'll see if he wants to ride again either today or tomorrow. After Barney got his time in the water, I took Macon for a ride. That went fairly well. Better than the other two once he figured out how to sit on the seat. That is, until we saw a couple of squirrels playing tag in the trees by the road and Macon thought he was suppose to go help them play tag.  He quickly understood he had to stay in the cart and let the squirrels do their own thing. We stopped to talk to a couple of people on our way back to the camper and he was content to stay in the seat although I could see he wanted to go see the little boy and play with him like he does with Corbin.
We had all three cats inside for a bit last night. Two of them insisted I be their bed. Strips started on Jerry but he wanted to touch my arm.  He finally got off of Jerry and onto me and just laid down purring. Then Fuzzy came in and laid between us. Her head on me and her other end of Jerry's leg. When I went to go to bed I found Tupelo was asleep on my bed. She stayed in all night and went out when I took the dogs out for their first potty (at 4:30 am) 
From the kitchen... What's for dinner today, Salad, Hamburger Helper and maybe these cookies.  I can't put raisins in them because Jerry doesn't like Raisins but I can put them in some of the cookies for me.
 
Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies
It's a healthier version than most. And for 3 cookies it is 126 calories. So just have two. :-)
Ingredients:
⦁ 1 cup whole wheat flour
⦁ 1 cup oats
⦁ 1 tsp. cinnamon
⦁ 1 tsp. baking powder
⦁ 1/2 tsp. baking soda
⦁ 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
⦁ 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
⦁ 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
⦁ 1/2 cup raisins
⦁ 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
⦁ 1/4 cup water
⦁ 1/3 cup vegetable oil
⦁ 2 eggs
⦁ 1 tsp. vanilla extract
⦁ 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat well. Drop by spoonfuls onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
Bake in a 375 degrees F oven for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
Source: Long ago from my sister. I don't know where she got it.
Food exchanges:1 starch/bread and 1 fat
Calories per 3 cookies: 126; Protein:3 grams; Carbs:15 grams; Fat:6 grams; Sodium:66 milligrams; Potassium:114
 
I am hearing... As always, I have the TV on. I just heard Barney yawn. I'm sure he wants out of the kennel and he will be soon as I finish writing this up, because it's about time to take them all outside again.  I heard the water dripping in the kitchen sink, and sometimes I can hear the motor on the fridge going. I don't have to have the fans on this morning as it's cool enough in here without them. I am hoping that I don't have to button up the camper and turn on the air this afternoon although I know I'll have to have the fans on before much longer. Once the sun gets above the trees I'll be opening up the back window and the door.
I am wearing... Yesterday was the first true pants day of this fall. It was that cool. Today though, I'm back in cut off sweat pants. I went through my drawer where I keep the shorts and pants but I think next week may well be the last week for shorts and so I'll be putting them away for winter and exchanging them for sweat pants and long skirts.  I took the extra blankets out of the tub I had in the back and now will use that for summer clothes storage. I will have to get Jerry to get the tubs out from under the camper so I can check and be sure those clothes have not mildewed or got mold on them and get them ready for fall and winter wearing.  I will have to start watching Wal-mart for a winter coat. My last one had a few issues so I got rid of it. I usually wait until I have the replacement before I get rid of a coat because I never know for sure if I'll be able to find one I like the next year or not.
I am reading... I just started Judges in the Bible.  I read in a couple of cook books yesterday, just to get some general ideas on what to fix when the weather turns really cold.

Billie C.
Smile, it makes people wonder what you have been up to.

No comments: