Monday, July 8, 2013

Howdy.... July 8

For Today ...July 8
 
Howdy....  I hope you had a great weekend. I ended up missing the fireworks this year.  I got soaking wet waiting for them to start and returned to my camper. When they did start I couldn't get outside to see them because I had a lap full of scared dogs. Macon was first into my lap with Barney right behind him, trying to push him out of the way. Rocky jumped up on the couch to look out the window to see all the sparkly lights.
 
I've heard from both my daughters today. The Girl's Vacation went well.  A few bumps in the plans but over all they girls enjoyed their time together and the problems came from the men in their life's and not the children. The kids all got along great and had a blast. It's too bad that it got  cut a day short. Maybe next year they can get together again and have more time together.
Our son tried to get a load for his truck through the area so they could at least spend an hour or two together but he was not able to get one going that direction.
 
Hubby Had the 4 TH off but had to work the weekend. And the rumors are that they are going back to 12 hours a day for 6 days a week and only work 10 hours on Sunday.  I'm sure this won't last long if they do go to those hours.  This job is almost done with but there is still lots of small stuff that has to be finished up before they can turn it over. Turn over date is looming and the company loses some of the bonus money each day they take beyond that date. That is the reason for the rush, now.  Too bad they had to let people go two weeks ago.Just not sure any one really knows when this job is going to be over with.
Outside my door ...  Here is Southern Virginia it's sunny, and pleasant at 10:30. With a high expected to be in the upper 80's. and a slight chance of rain or thunderstorms this afternoon.
 
From the kitchen... With Jerry not knowing if they were going to 12 hour days or not, I picked up a few things I can fix for my dinner in the evenings. It would be way to late for me to be eating if I was to wait for him to come home to have dinner.. and it would be a long time for him as well, since he eats at 3:30 in the morning and rarely picks up anything to eat during the day. He can pick up a fast food meal on his way home.  It takes him over an hour to drive home so he would be eating around 7 PM if he's having to work those hours.
I am hearing... The "Talk" on the T. V. but once it's off I plan to play one of my Christmas CD's then I'll watch something I've DVR 'ed .
I am wearing... Black cut off shorts and a blue top with shoulder straps (no sleeves)(Yes, you can see my bra straps) it's not like I'm going to be out in public where any and every one can see me.
I am reading... I read a chapter in the Bible and emails so far today.
 
I am creating...  I sent Beth some "puppy" cutouts I made with my Cricut to pick from for the invites for her Daughter's birthday this year. I still have plenty of time to work on them, once she makes her choice.
 

Billie C.


Labor Day countdown banner

No comments: