Monday, July 15, 2013

07 14 13 Howdy

07 14 13  Howdy.... Hello.  I've not had Wifi since mid day Saturday.  I've called the office to have the modem reset, twice. and neither time has the connection been made again. I've unplugged the antenna up here three times. The last time was when I fed Strips, who was late  coming up for his can of food. I unplugged it, sat with Strips to keep his sisters from trying to take his food away from. Then, when he was finished eating, I plugged it back in, came inside and tried to get on again. Still not connection. I restarted my computer, just to be sure. I even ran troubleshoot to see if it may have been my computer and it's not. (sigh) I have no idea when I'll be able to send this out. I've called twice to ask for the modem to be reset. She forgot after  I called the first time. Last week all we had was rain. But it was nice and comfortable temperature wise. Now this week, It's going to be in the low 90's and maybe a few pop up showers.
Jerry took Sunday off.  We slept in a bit. Once we got up, took the dogs out.  We went to Golden Corral for breakfast. Toy's Husband is doing better each day. It's still going to be a long time before he's close to feeling normal.  He was hit by a car while he was riding his scooter. She almost hit two other people when she clipped him. Broken hip, leg, wrist and I forget what else. I sure do hope that she had good insurance. He's going to need it to pay all those medical bills. After Breakfast we went to Wal mart.  We always go to Wal mart. I picked up some sunglasses to keep in the truck. I picked up two cards of new earrings and a couple of tack pins. I hope to stick it to the visor on my side of the truck. It's a USA Flag, made in the USA and an Guardian Angel pin. I picked up a card of earring backs as well because I've lost a few.   I found a skirt  I like but didn't try it on. I should do that before Jerry gets home. I picked up a top to match in color.  I just wanted something I could look "female" in for summer. I have a wintertime outfit, now I have a summer time outfit as well.
 
The dogs enjoyed being outside this morning, It wasn't raining and the ground was not wet. But now I have to weed eat the grass around the camper, I plan on doing that tomorrow morning before it gets hot.  Barney tried to get Macon to play but Macon was more interested in rolling in the grass and Rocky was sitting by the door, waiting for me to open it for him.  I cleaned up the yard while they were out and fed Tupelo and Fuzzy their cans of food. I still need to take out a bowl of dry food to them.
 
I used our Sprint Connection to get on line for just a few minutes.  I just sorted out the spam, deleted the old stuff and sent a few things. I hope that the Wifi here will be back on line soon.
 
Outside my door ...  Just enough clouds that the camper is not heating up from the sun. but that will change when they move off.  When the Sun does come out again, I'll put the bowl of cat food out for them.
The Dogs ... are now all sleeping. Macon in the middle of the floor, Rocky in a kennel with the door open and Barney is in the other kennel with the door closed. I put him in when I went out to feed Strips and just haven't let him back out yet.
The Cats ...  Are all doing well. They each let me love on them this morning and are all over my hands before I can open the food cans for them. I checked Fuzzy for fleas and didn't find any on her. I'll try to check another one later on.
From the kitchen... Salad, Hamburgers, Melon for dessert.
 It's too hot to bake a cake but it I wanted to bake one it would be this one. I have been making this cake since I was 9 years old.
Poor man cake
1/2 C Lard   2 1/2 C Flour   1 tsp Vanilla
2 C Sugar   1/2 c Cocoa   1 C Hot Water
   1 tsp Baking Soda  1 Tbls Vinegar
 Cream Sugar and lard. Sift together flour, Cocoa and Baking Soda combine vinegar, water and vanilla.
Add each in parts to the creamed sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
From my childhood. Love this cake, it is a heavy cake. We never gave mom a chance to ice it, but any icing will work on it...
 
I am hearing... Mid day news right now. Y&R will be on in a few minutes.
I am wearing... Cut off sweat pants (shorts) a white T-Shirt with a Sunflower I painted on it. It's gotten really stained up and is only good for wearing around the camper, any more.
I am reading... "The Bible," one chapter at a time,
'Chilled Out Fruit Smoothie Recipes, Easy Smoothies for One or Two Servings.
"The Christmas Books of MR M.A. Titmarsh
 
I am thinking... I so do not want to have to walk up to the office in order to get on-line.  The last part of it is a bit steep and of course up-hill. I may ask Jerry to drive me up there after dinner tonight. I tried to call back and get the modem reset again but it went to voice mail. I know they are going to get a new system, but I've been hearing that ever since we got her back in November.
I am thankful for... running water. It makes it so much easier to do the cleaning up when you have running water and can rinse out the stuff that your rags gather up.
I am hoping... The Wifi is fixed soon.  I am not looking forward to having to go up to the office to download all my emails.
 

Billie C.


Labor Day countdown banner

No comments: