Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I've been a bit quiet the last couple of days,

I've been a bit quiet the last couple of days, dealing with a problem.  I knew I should have waited to have my eye worked on.  Oh, it's doing okay. But I'm suppose to have a check up soon.  Well, because we moved and we now don't have insurance (we can't pay the CORBA, and we were not offered it either)  The Iowa University wants me to pay up front $1,000 before they can see me for it.  No way can we come up with that in the next three weeks.  I will just have to pray that nothing goes wrong with my eye, and hope that PCL calls Jerry soon. I know that it is now considered a pre existing condition, but that just means a delay, not never to be taken care of (If I understand the New Rules of Medical Care) I am feeling like I've been S(Bleep) over.  I still have this green thing on my wrist that says I'm not to go above 3000 feet up.  When do I remove it?  at the end of 6 weeks?  I am not going to continue wearing it forever.  I was "pushing" it to ask for an appointment for the week after Independence Day, because that's more than a week past when it's due.  I don't know any one who can come up with that kind of money, not after three weeks of lay off  and trying to get something from un-employment
Befire that therewas  one day pay for the week he got laid off, so that does not count as a waiting week, then the waiting week, and now fighting with North Carolina and or Virginia to find out who is going to pay one weeks' worth of "un-employment" and still waiting to hear from either one of them. At least now Jerry is working, but we are three weeks with no income and trying to catch up with bills before they over whelm us.  As long as my eye is healing, I am good. I know there is more work to be done on it, from the way Dr. Mahmoud was talking. but it's all going to have to wait a while now.   And I know I'm going to get a "talking to" about having put off the check up after, from who ever sees me next. It's not like I have much choice in it.  I couldn't stay in Virginia alone. I had no way to get anywhere. Even if I had gone to my Daughter in Tennessee, We still would not have had insurance and it's an 8 hour trip from her place to Duke so that was out of the question, as well. 

Billie C.
Ask yourself what makes you come alive; and than go and do that ~ unk

No comments: