Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Yesterday's Note

Yesterday, I slept after Jerry left for work. I stayed up about 45 minutes then went back to bed and didn't get up until after 9 am. And that's because the dogs wanted to go outside again. Not a whole lot going on around here right now. Jerry did say he would be surprised if he's still on this job after next weekend as this one is almost done. Now to find the next one. We still haven't heard from the one that is just across the North Carolina state line. I'm sure he'll go check on it if he's laid off this week.
Barney is a smart dog. He first found the water puddle that is outside our camper. Then he decided to try to bury his ball in it, twice. I yelled at him to leave it alone and he took his ball out of it,but then he found out that it didn't taste all that great. He would pick it up, drop it then try to get the taste out of his mouth. When it was time to come inside, I told him he had to bring in the ball and he did. Later, When I walked to the back of the camper, I checked the water dish and found out that Barney had washed his ball in it. The water was very dirty. He was having a blast tossing the ball up then chasing it down to toss it up in the air again.
The Cats have enjoyed coming in one window and going out another all day long today. I have closed all but one of the windows and it will be closed here in a bit as it's starting to get a bit cool in here. .
Dinner was Grilled Pork Chops, Salad, Pork and Be and I made a Rainbow Cake. I took a white cake mix and made it up,I added a teaspoon of Cinnamon to it, then I used food color to color up about 2/3 of a cup of batter, pour that into my cake pan, then colored up another 2/3 cup of batter and did Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple. It took a bit longer to bake but it turned out nice. I frosted it with sugar free frosting and sprinkled just a bit of Green sugar to mask that some of the crumbs pulled to the top of the cake when I frosted it.
I am hearing... Right now, Jeopardy show. I hope to catch "Dancing with the Stars" this evening. It's almost over with. We saw the final show of Survivor. I wanted Cochran to win and he did.
I am wearing... /black Sweat Pants and a black top.
I am reading... Numbers 19 in the Bible this morning, as well as "100 easy cooking Tips", by Jamila Khan and lots of emails.
One of my favorite things... is getting pictures from my daughter of them and the Grand Kids.
A few plans for today... Clean up the kitchen from Dinner,
 

Billie C.








No comments: