Monday, September 17, 2012

Good Morning

For Today ... September 17, 2012
 
Hello ... I forgot that Yesterday was my Grandmother's birthday.  I only knew one of my Grandmother's, my Mother's mom. My father's mom died when he was still very young. I don't even remember when her birthday was.  I have got to make a birthday card today or tomorrow and get it in the mail for my youngest daughter as her birthday is this next weekend. I also have to get a card in the mail for her daughter, as well.. Have to admit, I sometimes wonder why I do send her anything since she does not send me a card for my birthday which is just past her own birthday.  She will usually call me on my birthday, so that's something.
We had a fast weekend.  We did a lot of driving around and still didn't find an open tire shop that had tires in the size we need for the van. Jerry said he may have to take a day off of work just to get two tires for the front of the van.
 
The landlord had his field mowed and baled last week. He got it done just in time for winter, I think.  He's sent one of his horses off to be trained to pull a cart. I thinkI was him in a field just down the road from here.
Outside my door ... It's dark and dreary and it's been raining and ther is more rain in the forcast. Our high is to be in the mid 70's.  I can now see where some of the trees are starting to really change color for fall. The edges of the leaves are yellow or orange or red.  Although it's been raining, I've got a couple of the windows open and the door is open. the back vent is open a bit, as well.
 
The Dogs ... seem content to not be outside in the rain.
 
The Cats ... have come in and gone back outside again.
 
From the kitchen... Once I finish writing this up, I'll do the dishes and then start a crockpot with potatoes, green beans and a small roast I picked up from the store yesterday. We will have salad with it, and I am thinking of baking some applie pie filling I picked up, insdie some canned biscuits I still have in the fridge.
 
I am hearing... The TV. I can't seem to find anything worth really watching and have been channel flipping. I think I'll go find a Christmas CD to play for a little while,.... There Celtic Women Christmas is playing
 
I am wearing... Maroon shorts and a light purple printed top. I'm about to toss both at the end of the season.
 
I am reading... Well, emails, The Bible and a book on my kindle, Wildflowers come back.
 
I am thinking... Of how to get Beth her "Birthday" money.  If Jerry will stop and pick up a gift card from Wal-mart then I can just send it in the mail. otherwise we will just have to wire it to her.
 
I am thankful for... Being able to have spent some time with Jerry over the weekend.  Althoug we were busy, we were busy together.
 
I am hoping... That Jerry gets every Sunday off work.  He really needs two days off but we will take one if that is all we can get.
 
I am creating... A clean camper. I want to make me a new top this week but I also have to make two dresses for Bailey as well.
 
One of my favorite things... is watching Barney play ball by himself. He picks up the ball, then drops it so it will roll away and then will go get it and drop it again.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week... Dinner from Arby's tomorrow, Make some clothes, Make some cards, Try to get in some walking now that the weather has turned a bit cooler.
 
*****
done by 10 am


Stayed up after Jerry left for work.
Took the dogs out
type out a recipe from "From our home to yours"
Changed signature
Sent out my Christmas Corner Newsletter
took care of trashcan in bathroom
Put tools in the bathroom where they really belong
Meds and Breakfast
brush hair
read Exodus, Chapter 7
Wildflowers come back, chpt 1
picked socks up off floor and put in laundry
put bathroom laundry in laundry tubs
put shower mat over side of tub
wiped out bathtub
sprayed sealent into corner of bathtub
cleared countertop by sink
hung up damp stuff to drip dry
made both beds
put down fresh food and water for the dogs
ran dishwater
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: