Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2, 2017

We had some windy weather yesterday. And lots of rain. A few branches hit the top of the camper and it was rocking for a little bit due to the wind. I had to clean up outside before Jerry got home because the wind blew those branches into the area he parks the car in. I picked up twigs and smaller branches from the driveway, as well.  Otherwise, yesterday was just another day in the life of me.
 
I have started the shift from "Winter" to "Spring" with packing up and moving to storage the heavy winter clothes and getting out some lighter clothes. I picked up some white T-Shirts and have washed them so I can decorate them for this year.  I'm not sure just what I'm going to put on them just yet.
 
The plants that Jerry got me a bit ago are doing great. The Coleus is spreading out and the Bamboo is still very limber and I an trying to train some of it to wrap around the rest of the bamboo in a pattern I have to adjust it each week. I have a large green/blue marble I would like to put in the middle as an accent piece but I wasn't able to put it in yesterday. I'll try again in a couple of weeks. Or I might try an plastic Easter Egg instead. I'm not sure yet. I think I'll use the plastic first, then switch to the marble later.
 
 
 
I've put away the winter tea towels and have put out some with Spring colors and some with Shamrocks on them in the kitchen. I want to look for some pot holders to match the Shamrock ones.
 
 
 
From my Crafts Newsletter, I made these Anti Pinch charms and gave them to the Grand kids this past weekend. There were fun to make and are filled with Nerds. (yes, I ate the rest of the box, but not all at once but over a few days) I still have two of the small glass vials left and will do something with them soon.
 
 
I Love shopping at The Dollar Tree. I'm not sure just what I'm going to do with the Shamrocks, but I picked up a pack of them
 
 
I'm keeping out the Green Mardi Gras beads since they are the perfect color for Saint Patrick's day. and that small green hat. I may just have to wear one myself. Much to the embarrassment of my grown children.
 
 
But in the meantime, My Bear is "Stylin it" with the beads and a Hat.
 
And last week, I made another "craft" from the newsletter, A mouse pad from sheet cork and scrapboking paper.
  
I'm not really "Happy" with it though. I'm just not one to use a mouse pad, I guess. But it's not going to waste either. I have it under the terra cottas pot that is on the top of the drawers I bought and filled this week that is now sitting on the back bench of the dining room table.
 

Billie C.






No comments: