Thursday, March 14, 2013

Peanut butter

I am loving my Magic Bullet.  Really.
I have had banana and fruit (Strawberry or frozen mixed berry) every morning. So much easier than struggling to make both Jerry his favorite breakfast and then make my own. This evening though, I thought I would try something else when I started snacking on a hand full of peanuts.  I didn't measure any thing (of course)  I just put a bunch of peanuts in the tall cup of the Bullet, then added some Splenda.  Pulsed the thing a few times, removed it and shook it well. pulsed a few more times. shook it again and did that a few time and I now have the best tasting peanut butter that I've tasted in a long time and I Know it's not full of sugar.  Now, I go on line to check it out and the only difference is others have added a bit of oil to their  peanut butter.. Um.. No thanks. sure it may be just a tiny bit gritty but the best peanut butter we had as kids was just a tiny bit gritty and I loved it.  This so reminds me of coming in from school and making three sandwiches.. one for me and one for each brother, as well.  I got to do it because I was first home from school. I don't recall how it was I always beat my younger brother home but I did more often than not. I was the one with the key around my neck on a shoe string. Yep an original key kid. I got to check the mail each day, as well. That was a job (chore) I loved doing even though I never got any mail.
 
 
 

Billie C
First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus —
Crocus. ~Lilja Rogers



Spring countdown banner



Daylight Saving Time countdown banner







No comments: