Friday, October 19, 2012

Christmas Angels

Christmas Angels


Merry Christmas!
I wanted to pop in here quickly to share with you these cute little Christmas Angels I have been making! They are so fun and easy!!!
I found the tutorial for them while blog surfing HERE, she has a video tutorial that explains the process, they are really very easy. They can be embellished to the hilt are left simple, I just used supplies I had on hand, but I want to pick up some feathers and that pretty punch she used to make some more fancy ones, I am thinking of one for each month of the year would be adorable!
The base is half of a 7-3/4 inch circle and the arms are half of a 4 inch circle. The half circles are curled into a cone shape and glued. I used a small clothespin to hold it together while the glue dried.
On this one I used some confetti cream card stock and I stamped the image from the Stampin Up "Beautiful Season and colored it before assembling the angel.
The head is a small ornament and is glued to the cone after pushing in the point to make the place for it to sit.


I had some of this gold laced rick-rack that I got at JoAnns sometime last year and I added it around the bottom and the sleeves of the angel. I embossed her sleeves and wings with the dot embossing folder. the halo is some chenille pipe cleaners, and I wrapped some red string beads around the halo. I added a lace bow made with some SU crochet trim and a bit more of the red string beads. Love how this came out!

You know I had to try some of my favorite paper to make a Country Angel too:


I kept the embellishments to a minimum on this one, so the pretty music sheet paper could shine through :)
I used a polished gold ornament for her head and coffee dyed the chenille pipe cleaner to match her paper. The ribbon is more I had in my stash and matches the "country feel" I was going for on this one. I glittered her wings with some gold dust stickles.

Well, that is all from me for now, I know I will be making more of these cute little angels and I will show them to you as I do. Hope you all have a blessed Christmas and Enjoy it with all the ones you love the most.
HAPPY STAMPING!!
 

Billie C.

Christmas countdown banner

No comments: