Tuesday, September 29, 2009

For Today... September 29, 2009

For Today... September 29, 2009
Outside my window... The sky is blue and some light hight clouds and the tempature is a very pleasant 72 degrees.

I am thinking... My allergies are kicking up and the Benadril I took is making me sleepy. Fighting the sleeping monster.

I am thankful for... Being able to stay home, even if "Home" is a motel room and sleep in, if I want to. Thankful that Jerry loves his work and does not resent my not working. With his job like it is now, I would not be able to travel with him, if I had a job.
From the kitchen... I picked up a pound of ground Beef. I need to make something with it, for dinner tonight. I will cut some fresh vegetables to go with it. An apple for dessert.

I am wearing... grey sweat pants and a printed top that has Eeyor on it.
I am reading... emails, Plan on taking a book outside this afternoon while laundry is going. still reading 92 pacific Blvd.
I am hoping... That Jerry gets the lay off on Thurs day so that he can find a new job on Friday so we can be at that job on Monday.
I am creating... I found a simple compass rose I can use for the quilt top I want to make. I need to finish the unicorn block first.

I am hearing... Y&R on the TV. and traffic outside as I have to door open and the dogs in their kennels

Around the house... I need to vacumn the floors again and do laundry.

One of my favorite things... Is the smell of fresh cut grass. The grass got cut around here yesterday. It was very high and that is what kicked up my allergies but oh, it's so worth it.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
pre packing for a move
Dinner was a home made version of Beefy Rice a Roni

home made beefy rice a roni
A take of the national brand of my own doing.
1 lb groud beef, rolled into meatballs and browned in skillet, removed and fat drained out of the skillet



1/4 cup brown rice with 3/4 cup white rice browned in 2 tablespoon margine,,after browning the rice a bit, add enough spegettie for 2 people broken up into smaller pieces,
2 1/2 cups warm water, 2 beef flavoring cubes, 1/2 teaspoon garlic and 1/2 teaspoon onion poweder. bring to a boil. Return the meatballs to the skillet, and reduce heat to simmer.
cover. cook for at least 25 minutes. stirring often.








No comments: