Monday, August 22, 2016

Good morning August 22, 2o16

Written in the morning of August 22, 2o16
 
 
Good morning
We are back in Dunlap, in a small campground and we don't have access to the wifi.
Jerry is home sick. Having to move and set the camper up while it was raining sure didn't help him feel any better, either.  The camper is not level side to side and I can sure tell. I can hope that we can fix that in a day or two when Jerry's feeling much better. I made him two plain egg sandwiches for breakfast but I'm not sure if that is going to help him feel better or not.
 
Outside My Door... The weekend was damp and in the low 80's and I felt like it was more the first  fall  day even though the first day of all is still a month away. Even some of the trees around here are changing colors.. The Hickory trees at our daughters' home are dropping their nuts already.  I am thinking either we are going to have a long fall, or we are going to have an early winter, as well. 
 
The dogs ... are glade to be out of their kennels for a while. They got some extra lovin for being so good for us.  Barney and Rocky got extra loving from a lady who was out walking. She would have pet Macon as well, but she wanted to finsh her walk before it got too dark.  Two of the dogs snuck in and slept with Jerry last night when I moved to the couch. I had to sit up to sleep because my back was hurting and when I woke up, Macon and slipped up on the couch to lay beside me. For a big dog, he can sure be sneaky.
 
From the Kitchen... I'm still not sure what I'm going to make for our dinner yet.  Something quick or from the crock pot. I know I'll be putting together a salad, and I will fix potatoes, I just don't know how yet... but already Chile tater tots is sounding good to me. but I don't know if Jerry will want that, or not.
 
I Am Hearing... We can't seem to get any tv stations over the antenna and we didn't see any cable connections outside either. So no TV for a bit. There doesn't seem to be any Wifi yet, either.  But I do have a medium to strong signal but it needs a security key. I need to see if that is the wifi for here, or if it is for someplace that is close by.  There  are only about 8 camper lots in this campground. It's being renovated. I am in hopes of getting the Wifi  key code  sometime today for the wifi. 
I woke up to the Jerry's phone ringing.  Then there was a crow cawing from out in the yard.. Now I'm hearing traffic from the main road through town. I think I just heard a School Bus, I hope so, that woul mean that there should be a bus stop very close by that the kids can ride to or from, for school and I can help Heather out with some child care. We can get in one radio station.. but it's not something we both really listen to very often. I think it's NPR, and last night it had on old, classical music.
 
I Am Wearing... Right now, I have on my flannel nighty.. but after my shower I'll be changing into shorts, most likely dark blue ones and a lighter blue t-shirt. I think that is what is on the top of the pile of my shirts. if not blue, then a red one is..
 
Oh, I forgot to mention.  Bailey plays in the marching band and the first football game was Friday. The local team won 27 to 20, and the Band played loud and well... and Bailey's picture was taken for the local paper and a local on-line school news.  I hope to post it on face book, once I can connect again.
 
While I am Sans Wifi... I will be going through some very old emails and saving the craft and recipes to my hard drive as well as other snippets of goodies. I needed to erase some posts that had a lot of pictures in them to make room on my own hard drive for more storage space in my AOL files.  This being without wifi will give me a chance to do some more file clearing.. but if I forget and post something from two years ago... this will explain it.
 
I am Reading...  I did down-load a few books while we were staying at Heathers and I plan on trying to catch up on reading and crafting on some cards very soon.
 
I am thinking...  How happy we are to be back closer to Heather and her kids for a while. We do like this area very much and have not given up hope of some day, buying some land and setting up a place to live with a pad to park the camper on. We have seen several people have done that.
 
I am thankful for... Cooler weather and quiet nights.  Soon enough, we will be in the middle of fall. 
 
I am hoping... to have wifi access soon without having to go to Heather's all the time. But if that is what we have to do, it will be okay. 
 
I am creating... A stronger "me".  It felt good to hear that I had lost some weight from the last time I had visited a doctor from three months ago, and I want to continue to lose steadily. While I may not be able to get out and walk every day, I am going to try to get out more often. I do take the dogs on short walks, so they can potty but that is not the same as walking.  There is a walking path behind the campground and I saw a few people on it while we were setting up, yesterday. I know one end stops at the Sonic's and am not sure where the other end goes, yet... and the end at Sonic's is suppose to extent all the way to the school complex.  All three school for Dunlap are in one place which makes it much easier to bus the kids to school and back home again.
 
A few plans for today... I need to get up from here and Shower,  get dressed then take the dogs out again. Breakfast and meds then clean up and put up from moving the camper. 
 
A few plans for the rest of the week... Well.. the usual... cooking, cleaning, taking care of the dogs.. and now, hopefully. seeing Heather and the kids more often.
 
 


Billie C.


No comments: