Monday, November 3, 2014

For Today ...Nov 3, 2014

 
 
Howdy.... I hope you had a good weekend.  Jerry had to work both Saturday and Sunday. He only had to work 8 hours on Sunday and that feels more like only working a half day most of the time.  He will have next Sunday off, and I expect we will sleep in very late.  I am thinking of doing the shopping Saturday after he gets off work but only if he wants to cash his check then and not wait until Sunday morning to do it. We will have to do laundry sometime on Sunday. We put off until Monday last week and that was okay but made for a very long day for both of us. I missed our breakfast out yesterday.  I missed it more than eating dinner out Saturday night.  It's been our habit for a while now to eat breakfast out on Sunday mornings.  I have almost all of our Halloween things put away. I just have to take the window clings off the front window of the camper.
Outside my door ... The sun is almost to the horizon.  It's not up yet, but it won't be much longer. The gray is starting to pick up a little bit of pink on the undersides of the clouds an there is a bit of yellow you can just see in the tops of the trees across the way.  The breeze is making what leaves are left on the trees dance and wiggle and make me wonder just how much longer those few that are holding on so tight are going to let loose and float to the ground. We had a heavy frost Saturday morning and I think the grass has gone dormant now.  It's not brown but I don't think it's going to do any more growing either. I am glade we got the Grass mowed last week instead of waiting. 
 
The Dogs ... (7:15) are sleeping but s soon as I get up to put on some "day" clothes they will be ready to go outside and look around and play and potty, not in that order though, I'm sure.  They will want to come back in soon enough as it's still chilly this morning and they don't like to stay out for long when its like this. Neither do I and I can put on a coat.  Barney will try to take a ball out, then will try to get me to toss it for him. I have to take it away before we go out or he will bark and its too early in the day for that.
The Cats ... like the dogs, are sleeping for now. Earlier they were having a merry game of chase and pounce on each other.  One jumped up on the sink countertop and didn't like that I told her to get off. She gave me a look but she did jump down, right on top of her brother. Then the chase to the bathroom was on, jumping over the other sister then jumping over Macon who happened to be sleeping in the flor at the time. He got up and got on my bed after that. The two chased each other back into the front of the camper then went chasing back to the back again, jumping from bed to bed and Macon snapped at both of them for distrubing him again. The cats can't believe that I didn't yell at Macon for snapping at them and gave me looks to let me know they noticed that. I told them... He warned you to leave hi alone. It was after that they have all curled up on Jerry's bed and gone to sleep for a bit.
 
From the kitchen... The last couple of weeks we have just had cut up vegetable instead of salad but I did pick up a bag of precut salad this week. I'll cut up cucumber and green peppers, and tomatoes to go into that for the next couple of days.  We bought a large pack of Hamburger and I'll divid that into two or three meals then decide what I'm going to make with each. Today I'm leaning to seasoning a portion with Taco Seasoning and forming into patties.  I'lll make some instant mashed ptatoes for our starch and I may make a cake for dessert. 
I am hearing... The morning local news and political ads. Rocky is asleep in the chair beside me and is snoring loudly.  Evern now and then I hear Barney, who is in the kennel in front of me, stirring around a bit. The heater just cycled off but I expect it will be back on soon and the coffee pot just gurggled, letting me know it's done brewing and now my coffee if ready to go into my cup.
I am wearing... Right this minute, white socks with pink toes and heels, a house dress that my good friend Donna gave me a couple of years ago.  I'll be changing into sweat pants, and a t-shirt and putting tennis shoes on my feet when I finish this up.  I think I'll wear my shoes with the buttons at the lace holes today. I have four pairs of these shoe.s. They are so easy to decorate and change up. I have one colored with permenet marker I call my Rainbow shoes because they have all the colors of the rainbow on them, the button shoes, and a plain pair of shoes. I haven't worn the fourth pair yet, as I'm still deciding how I want to fancy them up a bit before I do wear them. Once I do that, I'll spray with waterproofing and that will help keep them looking nice.
I am reading... emails and recipes right now. I really do need to start carving out an hour a day for reading and another two for crafting each day.
I am thinking... How funny it is that where we want to go (Tennessee) has had snow and where we are now, (Iowa) hasn't had any yet. 
I am thankful for... Jerry still having a job to go to each day. Our neighbor got fired for calling two people slackers, because they are not doing any work and always standing around, not even looking like they are working. Someone else over-heard him call those two "foreigners " that and reported him to the office. He's not all that upset about it. He's already found another job and it's much closer to his home and family. As he told Jerry, He can sleep in his own bed, by his wife, at home on this next job he's going to.
I am hoping... That Jerry can get hired onto a job we know of in Tennessee soon. It's going to be a long term job of over 2 years. I would like to find a place to rent for a while if he gets that job.
I am creating... First a cleaner camper with things put out of the way so I can decorate for Thanksgiving. I will need to make a few things for Thanksgiving and have a few ideas of paper things I can hang from the hooks along the rail above the window.
 
A few plans for today... First, change my clothes and take the dogs out. Clean the back of the camper, dishes then work in the livingroom area and maybe seal up the rest of the windows with duct tape.
 
A few plans for the rest of the week... keep doing what I've been doing. cooking, cleaning and crafting.

Billie C.
.....



No comments: