Monday, April 21, 2014

Howdy....

 
Howdy....  I hope you enjoyed a blessed Easter Sunday yesterday. I have found 5 ticks on me in just one day.  All very, very small. I have found that they die very fast with hand sanitizer.  We got a lot done yesterday. We ate breakfast at Golden Corral although I thought we were going to eat at IHOP. Jerry said he prefers Golden Corral.  I gave our some Easter Mini cards to the girls I know. We drove around a little bit, but there just wasn't anything going on. We never saw any cars at the mall so assumed it was closed for the day. We went to Wal-mart and did our shopping. I picked up the pet food and my insulin before heading to the back. I picked up a rubber made tub before starting the food shopping. Jerry picked up the cola's and the gallons of water I need for this week. I got Eggs and Jerry's breakfast sausage. He picked up one as well. That's okay, we'll use them both.  I really didn't need much more than salad making stuff this week. I did pick up a Chop Magic (dicer) We still were close to $200 total. But then. that's close to $50 in Insulin and at least $30 in pet food and cat litter.
We brought that home. and I put away the food. let the dogs out and Let the cats out for a little bit. We put the cats back into a kennel and then Jerry pulled the screen frame off the front window. I had to help with moving stuff and getting the couch out of the way. Once we had the frame off, it didn't take all that long to cut the hardware wire screening and put it back up.  I moved all my plants out of the back window so we could do that one next.  It went faster since we didn't have to move much out of the way.  Next was the window over my bed. We have 5 more windows to go, but we can do those with 2 foot wide instead of using 3 foot wire screening. One we really don't have to do, but I want them all to look the same. I'll have to unload and move the drawers my Cricut stuff is in to get to it.
Jerry put the compressor together that he bought last week.  He needs to tighten up a couple of couplings.
I got to wear my skirt yesterday. I did change out of it while we were working on the screens and put it back on when we went back to Golden Corral for our dinner.
 Because we usually have so much to do on Sunday's I don't wear a dress or skirt.  We were able to do the laundry on Saturday. Although for a while, it was beginning to look like we were going to have to do it on Sunday. Every laundry mat was busy. The one we stopped at had three cars but one was loading up their laundry so we stayed. I used two large front loading and two double load machines.  I got all of Jerry's winter coats washed and dried as well as half of the blankets from our beds. I want to do the rest of the blankets next time. The blankets I washed included the Electric blankets.  
We were on a hunt Saturday. Not geo-caching but for an item I had seen last fall. A portable storage unit. It's a metal frame with a poly tarp cover that zips up in front. Only two people seem to know what I was talking about and recalled seeing them. but no one had any of them. I did suggest we make our own with PVC pipe but Jerry said no.  I just need large enough to put the compressor and the lawn mower in it.  Maybe I can find a couple of them this fall.
Whew.  That was the weekend for us. Today I have been cleaning the camper. I have worked in all but one room. The living room tends to be more of a catch all and today I am just too done in to work on it now.  Besides, Jerry just texted me that he's on his way home so I now have to start our dinner soon.
Outside my door ...  Sunny, high 74, chance of rain tomorrow.
 
The Dogs ... were in and out all day yesterday. Of course they were pushing things for a bit. Barney kept wanting to go where I don't want them. and then he peed on the truck tire even though he knows we don't want him doing that. Rocky wanted to go behind the camper as well. I don't want them back there as it's harder to clean up and it needs to be mowed. Jerry didn't get the lawnmower checked for running yet.  I may check out the weed eater and trim around the camper with it. 
The Cats ... Were not happy being in the kennel so much but once they were let out, ran to the back and sat on the counter and looked out the window. Today will be much better. Once it warms up, I'll open the windows and they can look out and enjoy the fresh air from either end of the camper.
 
From the kitchen... Salad, Pork chops, Boiled/Baked Potato,biscuits Banana Pudding
 I have a problem getting my baked potatoes soft enough to eat. Any more, I boil them for about 15 minutes earlier in the day then bake them while the meat is baking in the roaster and they come out nice and fluffy. I put a bit of salt in the water when I boil them so they taste better.
I am hearing... I asked Jerry to get batteries for my radio since I can't seem to find it's power cord.  I know most of today will be covering the Boston Marathon and I don't want to hear that all day long. I'll turn on the radio while I'm working in the back.
I am wearing...  Yesterday, was a skirt and nice looking T-shirt. Today I'm starting off in brown sweat pants but if I get warm, I can change into the dark blue shorts I wore while we were working on the screens and a stained up (work) T-shirt. 
I am reading... I've restarted Hunger Games, and I'm still reading the Bible a chapter a day. I've started 2 kings.
I am creating... I need to paint up the flower pots I picked up last week and the saucers for them. after that I can repot all my house plants and leave some of them out on the table for a bit.  I started a list of things I need to work on. I keep finding ideas on the weekend then forget them when the weeks starts. 
A few plans for today... Today is "Clean the Camper" day.  I give a through cleaning on Mondays and just have to maintain it the rest of the week.  Weekends I don't do much cleaning at all and we are messy.  Add to that, the pets are shedding and the floors need to be swept before I can run the vacuum over it. and I have to fold the laundry we did over the weekend. I have all of it in today and that is going to take more than the usual amount of time.  I just don't want to spread it over the week this week.
 

Billie C.

No comments: