Monday, June 3, 2013

Howdy for June 3

Howdy....  I know, it's been a while since I wrote a "Howdy" note. A whole lot of nothing has been going on around here. Jerry's never sure what hours he's going to have to work. He's been told that from last week to the end of the job would be 12 hour days,, today is a 10 hour day. and I'm not going to hold my breath that tomorrow will be 10 hours though, Some days they change their mind in the middle of the day how many hours he's to work. It's just crazy is all. I can't really plan on the evening meal until I have a good idea if he's going to come home and eat or eat on his way home.  I have enough of everything to be able to make a meal either way.
I spent a lot of Friday afternoon printing pictures onto 4 x 6 index cards to use in some crafts later this month. Some I'll use for post cards and some just because. I ran out of cards and wanted to pick up more but I never got to Wal-mart and the local food store I went to didn't have any white 4 x 6 cards. They had the 3 x 5 and the colored 4 x 6 but not of the while ones. 
I have had trouble staying connected all day long. I get on and a few minutes later would lose the connection.
Outside my door ... WE have had clouds, Sun and some rain. But at least it's not been really hot. Our high was around 81 or so. A little warm but not too badly.  I did have to turn the air on, because the humidy is very high.
The Dogs ...  have been mad at me all day long. I put the tubs on the beds to keep them off and they didn't like that.  They are shedding a lot and I don't feel like shaking the hair off before going to bed tonight.
The Cats ...  are also mad at me. I fed them their canned food this morning and they are wanting another can of food this afternoon. Now that it's clearning up, I may take a bowl of dry food outside and put it on the table for them, after Jerry and I eat our dinner. It just may turn out to be a nice evening to sit outside for a while
From the kitchen...  Mexican Meatloaf, Salad, boiled potatoes (may mash them)
 
 Mexican Meatloaf
 
2 lbs ground beef (or whatever ground meat you prefer)
1 egg
1 taco seasoning packet
¼ - ½ cup crushed crackers or bread crumbs
½ - 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar, marble or mozza)
1 cup salsa (optional)
 
Combine all ingredients (except salsa) and place in large loaf pan. If using salsa pour over top of loaf. Cook for approx. 40-45 minutes in a preheated oven f 350F until cooked through.
 

I am wearing... Grey sweat pant shorts
 
I am reading... The Bible (Numbers 26), Dragon's Fire by Todd and Anne McCaffery
I am thankful for... Jerry still working even though the hours keep changing and I never know when he'll be off work any given day.  He said this job is about over with and we may soon have to move.
I am hoping... That we know where we are going to go next, soon.
I am creating...  I have been trying to clean off the table yet again. I have a pink shirt I want to put some iron on decorations on and need the table in order to do that.
One of my favorite things... sitting outside with the dogs and just enjoying being outside. We were outside for a while this afternoon and just enjoying the day.  I took them out this morning but we didn't stay out for very long.
A few plans for the rest of the week... putting things away and hope to make something this week.
A link to one of the groups I own, mod for or am a member of.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/love-to-make-crafts/
 a picture from my camera
 
 
 

Billie C.

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair ~ Kahlid Gibran<


4th Of July countdown banner


No comments: