Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jun 09/

I went to bed early last night. I just could not get comfortable sitting on the couch and then one of the dogs "Dribbled" on my side of it. I was 1/2 asleep any way, but as soon as I went to bed, I couldn't fall asleep. I did finally sleep, after Jerry came to bed. I was just able to get comfortable. The camper was just not warm enough or cool enough. I would put a cover on me. then get hot and take it off until I got cold again.
AS soon as Jerry called me to let me know he was on his way home, the dogs "had" to go outside. They took so long, that dinner wasn't ready when he got home. I had planned on grilling the pork chops outside on the grill, instead, I cooked them inside in a skillet on the electric unit I have.





While I was sitting outside with the dogs this afternoon, I saw the first butterfly of the season flutter by. I don't know what kind it was, and I didn't get a close enough look to be able to look it up.

The dogs are doing well. The cat is still trying to get outside. He'll sit in the front window at night "calling" then run to the back window and do it, again. I think we have a few other cats roaming around at night. I gave the camper a good cleaning yesterday so I just had a few things I had to do this morning.

Tonight I'll fix hot dogs for supper on the grill. I do need to fix up salads and have them ready before Jerry calls and I don't know what starch I'm going to fix, yet. I cooked potatoes in the microwave yesterday. I don't want to do so again today. I saw another recipe I want to try. Take chicken breasts, coat in Itailian dressing the roll in some potatoe flakes, Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, until done. I may try that later this week, if it cools off some. I could take the toaster oven outside to the table and do them out there just as easily.


I cut the legs off a pair of sweat pants this morning. then made a bit of fringe along the bottom. I need to cut off one more pair of pants at least. Isn't it funny, I prefer mens pants as well. Sometimes I cut the elastic out of the hems, Sometimes I don't. I love the canopy. It does give me lots of shade. I put two wind chimes on it yesterday. I do have some keeping up out there I need to attend to, soon. I have to bring in a clothes hamper and sort whats in it. It has our sheets from the queen size bed in it. I was thinking of using the flat sheet for a cloth wall along the west side of the canopy or at least in the corner for even more coverage.


I can't tye the dogs out. Against the rules.. or maybe not.. but I need something to tye them to. Jerry says not the grab handle, they'll pull it off. Not the steps, they "May" be rotted. Not around a tire because it might break a wire. And I know not the table or canopy they are not anchored down and will just get pulled around.
Jerry is good about helping me with walking them in the evening and when he's home. He has one thing though. If he's home he wants them in the kennels all the time. I only put them in if they are getting to playful. Right now, Macon is on the floor in the bed area and Rocky on the floor in the kitchen area. fast asleep.

No comments: