Monday, January 27, 2014

Crazy weather

This is crazy weather this year. 
 
I'm in a "Spring" cleaning mood today. I've done the back of the camper including vacuuming the floor. I haven't had the vacuum out since before Christmas. I have been sweeping the floor often so it's not totally inches deep in fur and dirt.
 
The dishes are done, the counters all cleaned and wiped off and the beds made. 
 
Took the dogs out twice, the second time for a much longer time that the first so they could play. Barney loves sliding on the sheet of ice we still have out front of the camper.  It's not a water leak, at least we don't think it's a water leak but more of seepage from under the ground.  A natural Spring. Jerry has to be careful where he parks if I'm in the truck or I'm going to get into the truck because I will not get on that ice. Barney gets some good distance when he's sliding around on it. He will bring me a rock or a bottle cap to toss onto the ice and then he takes is as far as he can before he gets to the end of his lead, picks it up and brings it back to me.  It is so fun to watch him and yes, it puts a smile on my face  every time he does it. 
 
It's hard to believe but I have the door open right now. I will have to close it soon because I can see the line of clouds that means a front is about to come through and that will bring some really cold air with it.  but for now, it's great to be able to air out the camper for a little bit. Here at my corner of the couch it's 72f.   That is nice and comfy for me.   I'll have to put extra clothes on tomorrow when I wake up.  and I'll have to leave a burner turn on the stove after I make Jerry's breakfast, just to keep from getting too cold (again)
 
Since I have this burst of energy, I'm putting it to good use because I know that after I have eye surgery on Friday I may not feel like doing more than making beds, washing dishes and cooking supper for a few days. 
 

Billie C.



St. Patrick's Day countdown banner Find more about Weather in Keeling, VA



No comments: