Friday, December 10, 2021

Home Candied Fruit

I found some of my Mom's recipes. These are old recipes from my child hood. 

I recall Mom making these sweets from the peels of a Lemon and a couple of Oranges that one of us kids got from Church.  Nothing went to waste in her home.


Home Candied Fruit

1 Lemon peel
2 Orange peels
1 small can sliced Pineapple
8 Oz jar Maraschino Cherries 
2 cups Golden Raisins 
1 1/2 cup Sugar


Drain Cherries 
Simmer Citrus  peels in water enough to cover for 15 minutes. Drain, cut into small bite size pieces. 
Combine all, put into large heavy skillet. Cook and stir over low heat until all the fruit is glazed and liquid is all gone. Spread out on a large plate, for a two days.  Keep in glass jar and keep in fridge until needed


Billie C.

 I Live in Tennessee.
Garden zone 7b
    

No comments: