Sunday, December 5, 2021

Biscuits for two

I don't have a picture of these biscuits but if I ever do get one, I will post it.

With it just being Hubby and I I Need recipes that are perfect for two people. This one is easy enough and just the right amount for us for a Biscuit breakfast or something to go with dinner.


Biscuits For Two

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided

In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, tossing with a fork until aball forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 to 6 times. Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake at 450
degrees for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with remaining butter. Serve warm.
Makes 4 biscuits.



Billie C.

 I Live in Tennessee.
Garden zone 7b
    

No comments: