Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Boiled eggs

Okay. Who struggles to get boiled eggs out of the shell without tearing them to pieces?

I did this, three times, just to be sure it works 

I freeze ice in plastic cups. One big cube melts slower than several smaller ones.

 Get out a large, preferable a plastic, bowl and put in it, water and ice. The colder the ,lwater the better, so if you have room in your freezer, put in there. If not put in the fridge so the water is really cold.

Place eggs in  a deep enough pan to cover the eggs with tap water. I did this from eggs at room temperature and straight from the fridge.
Place on burner and using medium to medium-hgh heat, bring to a boil and boil about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and put a lid on the pot. L
et the eggs stay in this pan of hot water for at least 10 minutes. But it's okay if it's a little longer, but they need to still be Hot when you remove the eggs  from the pan and put them in the Cold water.  I use a slotted spoon to do this.
 Put the water with the eggs in it, back in the fridge ( or freezer) for at least 15 minutes.
Now, tap the large end on the counter to Crack it. But be a bit gentle at first. This helps loosen the egg from the shell. Continue cracking the shell. If you want, you can now roll the eggs in your hands to really Crack the shell into much smaller pieces. It is now ready to peel. Start at the fat end and it will peel easy.  

I even did this up to the point of cracking the eggs, but waited two days to peel them and they still peeled clean and not torn up.

I save the water the eggs were boiled in, to pour over my plants. Once the eggs are cooled, I can use what 8ce is left to cool the got water. And I can use the water from cooling the eggs as well, to help boost my plants.

No comments: