Thursday, December 22, 2022

Cold weather prep

Cold weather prep, in Tennessee is here 

Today is December 22, 2022n and a huge temperature  drop is expected tonigjt.


Propne ranks should have been filled a week ago.
Luckily, our heat is natural gas, so much less likely to run out. We cook and heat with it 

Although we will run the water, I will also fill several jugs with water, to last a few days,  just in case we lose water.
Enough to have fresh water for the pets and to cook with.
We only have to run the kitchen sink water as the rest of the water lines are inside the living spaces of this house.

Hubby is checking the coolants of the cars, now. Picking up a couple of gallins of the stuff for not only one of ours, but Duaghters car also.
Hubby is going to look for Rock Salt, as well. 

When we return home, I have a tub of Winter clothes to take into the house, to get my leggings out of and washed. 
I saved some sweet foam from the boxes yhe bikes came out of, last week and will use that  under the doors to help stop drafts as well as covering the doorways with extra blankets. We also have extra clankets and covers for the beds and recliners.  If I have ton I will over my CPAP to the living room, cover that doorway with a blanket, and sleep in my recliner 
I

I have picked through a bad of pinto beans and will put them in the crock pot to cook in the morning. Will bake some cornbread to go with them, for our dinner.

No comments: