Sunday, June 5, 2022

UPdate for June 5, 2022

Well, here we are , in the 6th month of the year.
Almost half of the year has passed by already.  Summer Solstice will soon be here, as well. It's on the 21st, this year.  Then the daylight will slowly reduce until the third week of December.  It officially turns to Summer, then, and the dog days.  And we hope to start getting some produce from the garden, as well.  Although I think everything will be a bit later than normal this year. We were late in planting and the weather was cooler than usual which also delayed things a bit.
But I did check the garden and everything is looking good, considering the conditions we started off with. 
I still have a few seedlings in the green house, that are on stand by and I need to get those into pots here at the house for our at home use. Would be nice to just walk out the door and pick a tomato or cucumber to use in a salad. I need to get on tat this week. I keep thinking about that in the morning and forgetting to do it by afternoon.  
It has been getting warmer than "normal" the last few days and se have changed our supper habit's over to eating more sandwiches and less hot cooked foods.  But we will need to be cooking or baking more, just to keep the freezer from getting too packed up with stuff.  I did start keeping cups of frozen water in the freezer door, two of which I put in lemon juice for my drinking water cup, and the rest for using either in Jerry's cup or for what ever else I would need very cold water for.  I have changed over from a lot of baking to making desserts that are cooler. Like just canned fruit or jell-0.  I may een try to find more instant pudding, to make for desserts soon.
We are still going to the Senior Center, three days a week. That is when neither of us, has a doctor's appointment.  Hubby has three of those in the same week but it's only on that week but he will have to get a blood draw done the week before.  

This weekend was Free Fishing day in Tennessee, and we did not go fishing. I wanted to but I knew it would be along shot. We did go on a picnic this weekend (today) at the park and I got in the splash pad with the grandkids and we all had a lot of fun. 

Other than all that we really are leading a boring life, right now. boring is good for us, right now. 
We did talk about when school is going to start again, and  it is looking like the first of August will be the first day of school and there is a possibility that Hubby will be driving Grandson at least some of the time to school, this next year. Of course Mo can drop him off at our corner to catch the bus, if necessary, once she confirms that he's to catch the bus at this corner and can be dropped off in the afternoon, as well.




No comments: