Monday, November 13, 2017

Biscuits For Two

I was going through my Recipe files last night and picked out a few to try soon. The first is this one for Biscuits for two people. Now I know that only 2 biscuits are not really enough for the two of us in the long run, but I wanted to try and share it I've got about a pound of ground meat in the Crock pot with about a quarter of a bottle of BBQ Sauce for our dinner this evening. I am thinking that the beef would be great over the biscuits.
 
Biscuits For Two
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons shortening
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
 
In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, tossing with a fork until a
ball forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 to 6 times. Roll or
pat to 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter. Place on a
greased baking sheet. Brush tops with 1 tablespoon butter. Bake at 450
degrees for 9 to 11 minutes, or until golden brown. Brush with remaining
butter. Serve warm.
Makes 4 biscuits
 

Billie C.






No comments: